Smoked Salmon and Romaine Salad
In small servings, this salad is an excellent appetizer. Alternatively, it can be an
entrée for a light supper or luncheon. Try to get high quality smoked salmon instead
of just lox.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 T. sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 T. chopped green onion, more for garnish
- 1 T. chopped parsley, more for garnish
- 1-2 tsp. Dijon or Bournibus mustard or other French mustard
- 1/2-1 tsp. fresh lemon juice or more to taste
- 12 ounces hearts of romaine lettuce, washed and spun dry
- 1 pound thinly sliced strips of smoked salmon
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk together all ingredients for dressing and chill in the refrigerator, tightly covered.
Tear the romaine into bite-sized pieces, add carrots and salmon. Toss with dressing and season
to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve in attractive mounds, and garnish
with chopped green onion and parsley.
Serves 8-12 as an appetizer.