Root Vegetable Kugel
To add variety to the more typical carrot or matzo kugel, I've added turnips, white potatoes, and sweet potatoes.
This is a fast and easy dish which can be made either in a food processor or with a hand grater.
In a food processor fitted with the steel blade (or with a hand grater), chop all vegetables.
Add the remaining ingredients, and
mix for 30 seconds (or mix in a bowl with a large spoon until the mixture is uniform).
Pour into an oiled cake pan or casserole, and bake at 350° F.
for 1.25 hours.
- 1-2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and quartered
- 1 large white potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 small onion, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 2 T. matzo meal
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried sage leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil